Get your invoices paid on time, automatically
What can CHASER do for you?
- Chaser sends these emails for you automatically – with you firmly in the driver’s seat. So you can have confidence in your cashflow and spend less time chasing invoices.
- Customers asking for copies of their invoice? Is this delaying getting paid? With Chaser, you can avoid this by automatically attaching copy invoices or statements to your chaser emails.
- Not all clients are equal so far as payment terms may be concerned – set different chaser schedules for different customer profiles – or stop chasing come clients altogether if you prefer.
- View the entire chase conversation – with Chaser you don’t have to trawl through your inbox and sent items to figure out what happened with a particular invoice — all the information you need is right in front of you.
- We recommend setting Chaser up to chase overdue invoices weekly, polite persistence is the key to getting paid on time. Make sure you are front of mind when your customers are paying their suppliers.
CHASER Template Examples (Completely customisable)
These are the standard Chaser templates. They can be edited to change the tone and language of the email to suit your business.
Each template would have your contact details or your accounts team contact details in the email footer.
We have early, medium and late overdue templates but could create more templates with escalating messages to match your credit control protocols.
- Early chasers between 7-21 days overdue
- Medium chasers for accounts 22 to 45 days overdue
- Late chasers for accounts 46 to 60 days overdue*
- ‘Account on Stop’ at 60 days (not a standard chaser – we would create this at your request)
- Letter before action at 90 days (not a standard chaser – we would create this at your request or source externally)
* At 60 days, you might want to start charging late payment interest. This is not a function of Chaser so if you do want to do that we would manage this outside of Chaser.
Before Due - 7 Days before invoice due date (optional)
We would use this template for any invoices which fall due within the next week. Not everyone appreciates being reminded of an invoice before it falls due, but we do find that these reminders work well for clients where the order is perhaps placed by one team, but the invoice is processed and paid by another, usually a finance team. Quite often those invoices don’t make it to the finance team for payment by the due date.
If you have clients that fit into that category, we can set up a separate chaser routine to include ‘Before Due’ reminders.
Early Overdue: 7 - 21 Days
Medium Overdue: 22 - 45 Days
Email subject: <our_name>: Reminder of your overdue invoice <invoice_refnum>
Late Overdue: 46 - 60 Days
Email subject: <our_name>: Please arrange payment of your invoice <invoice_refnum> OVERDUE
Thanks for Paying
Switching to CHASER?
If you are new to Dropbox, you will need to set up an account to begin sharing files with us.
For a free no-obligation 20-minute discovery call – click on the link below.
This will take you directly to my calendar so you can book a call at a time that suits you.