Chaser – get your invoices paid on time, automatically
- Chaser sends these emails for you automatically – with you firmly in the driver’s seat. So you can have confidence in your cashflow and spend less time chasing invoices.
- Customers asking for copies of their invoice? Is this delaying getting paid? With Chaser, you can avoid this by automatically attaching copy invoices or statements to your chaser emails.
- Not all clients are equal so far as payment terms may be concerned – set different chaser schedules for different customer profiles – or stop chasing come clients altogether if you prefer.
- View the entire chase conversation – with Chaser you don’t have to trawl through your inbox and sent items to figure out what happened with a particular invoice — all the information you need is right in front of you.
- We recommend setting Chaser up to chase overdue invoices weekly, polite persistence is the key to getting paid on time. Make sure you are front of mind when your customers are paying their suppliers.
Our 7 Steps to credit controlling with Chaser
- We check for any remittance advices from your clients. We use these to mark any invoices as paid in your accounts software so that your clients are not chased for invoices they have already arranged to be paid but the payment has not cleared yet.
- We check your bank daily for any client payments and reconcile these to mark the outstanding invoices as paid so the client is not chased for invoices that have been paid.
- Chaser will automatically chase your clients for payment on x day of the week at x time – we usually schedule these for a Tuesday afternoon at 4pm. Tuesday is early enough in the week for your client to chase their own customers and arrange payment of your invoice by Friday, but does not get lost in their inbox on a busy Monday.
- We check your accounts@ inbox for any client updates on any previous chasers that we may have sent, which might include notifications of any cheques received but not yet banked.
- If your customers rely on purchase orders before making payment we can set up an additional schedule within Chaser to change the conversation with the client to chase for a PO as well as reminding them that work has been done and that an invoice is due for payment, once we have the PO.
- Chaser will send a statement to ALL clients with copies of all outstanding invoices according to the number of days that the invoice is overdue.
- The majority of customers will pay on receipt of polite persistent email reminders but for those who need a more personal touch – the Caseron Credit Control Team will call those over 45-60 days (depending on the threshold we agree in your servicing agreement) and we will try to secure payment over the phone or a promise to pay.
Chaser Template Examples
These are the standard Chaser templates. They can be edited to change the tone and language of the email to suit your business.
Each template would have your contact details or your accounts team contact details in the email footer.
We have early, medium and late overdue templates but could create more templates with escalating messages to match your credit control protocols.
- Early chasers between 7-21 days overdue
- Medium chasers for accounts 22 to 45 days overdue
- Late chasers for accounts 46 to 60 days overdue*
- ‘Account on Stop’ at 60 days (not a standard chaser – we would create this at your request)
- Letter before action at 90 days (not a standard chaser – we would create this at your request or source externally)
* At 60 days, you might want to start charging late payment interest. This is not a function of Chaser so if you do want to do that we would manage this outside of Chaser.
Before Due – 7 Days before invoice due date (optional)
We would use this template for any invoices which fall due within the next week. Not everyone appreciates being reminded of an invoice before it falls due, but we do find that these reminders work well for clients where the order is perhaps placed by one team, but the invoice is processed and paid by another, usually a finance team. Quite often those invoices don’t make it to the finance team for payment by the due date.
If you have clients that fit into that category, we can set up a separate chaser routine to include ‘Before Due’ reminders.
Early Overdue: 7 – 21 Days
Medium Overdue: 22 – 45 Days
Late Overdue: 46 – 60 Days
Thanks for Paying
For a free no-obligation 20-minute discovery call – please register your details here and I will send you a link to my calendar so you can book a call at a time that suits you.
Book Your Discovery Call...